March 2019 Week #1

This month, March 2019, is hopefully the month when we release the prototype of the game to a closed group (in our Discord server, join it to get a chance to playtest!). Anyways, Bandit Mangal Singh's outpost is more or less done.

ADITYA CHANDRA (Lead Developer)

I did a lot of bug fixes. A lot of bug fixes, and it was really boring to be honest; but now that I have that out of the way, I feel awesome. I feel like running a mile.

I completed work on the mortar, first of all; and now it's fully functional. DK made an amazing low-poly model for it (it has not been incorporated yet), and I brought in some temporary SFX and VFX as well. It works beautifully, and I'm proud of it (watch the video at the bottom).


After many people told me to do so, I decreased the bloom... a lot. The other aspects of Thanyok post-processing were revised too. The game looks good right now (not counting the placeholders). Those people were right.

I also made the textures for the gangsters of the enemy gang, the Anaconda. He looks badass.


Then came a major, really cool change: dynamite is now remote-controlled explosives. If you drop some dynamite and then press [P], it will detonate. You can still make them go off by shooting at them, but I thought adding in this nice little feauture will open doors to a lot of awesome tactical opportunities, and a ton more new approaches to deal with enemy strongholds (watch the video).

I then added in a machinegun nest. The model was made by DK some months back, and right now it lacks any functionality (except a collider).


I continued fixing bugs, like the player standing on the car seat and not sitting on it on entering a car with a weapon equipped; every single ragdoll going crazy when the player dies; and stuff like that.

And then I recorded my best ever video:


My final exams begin on the 8th, and they'll go on until the 18th. So I won't do anything during that period, most probably (= no devlogs). But after that, I'll be doing some even more fun stuff, like machinegun nests, enemy reinforcements and maybe also flare guns (for calling ally gangsters) and the much-procrastinated ammo system. Hype!

DIWANGSHU KAKOTY (3D Artist)

Even though my final exams are just around the corner, I did get a lot of new models done! For the game, I made this cool mortar after Aditya said he'd be adding one to the game (this is NOT a telescope):


Side-by-side, I'm also working on my own cars pack. These were not made for the game, but there are fair chances that we will cut off some polies and add them in to A.T.A. someday as well.




That's it! Next I'll try to get my list of models required for the prototype made as soon as I can. My exams will maybe slow me down, but I'll definitely do it all in time.


Thanks for dropping by and reading this week's devblog post, guys. We'll be releasing the prototype of A Thug's Ascension this month, so if you wanna be a part of the external playtesting team, join our Discord server now! Our final exams have almost started, so there won't be any devblogs in the next weeks, but we'll definitely come back to the game right after that! Cheers!

Comments