February 2019 Week #4

We have finally begun with world-building for the game! Also we have started introducing some extremely fun elements like mortars and snipers! Plus, new models! Hype!

ADITYA CHANDRA (Lead Developer)

Hey guys, before I start sharing my progress for the weeks, I have two announcements to make: (1) I moved into a new, much better house! (that's why no devblog post last-to-last week) (2) I participated in my first ever game jam (Brackeys Game Jam #2), and it was a fantastic experience (that's why no devblog post last week)! I wasn't gonna do it, but after some friends managed to convince me (on the 4th day of the week-long jam) I stopped work on A.T.A. for some time and put together an extremely simple jump-and-shoot platformer called Valentine's Nightmare. You can check it out here.

So first I refactored the vision-calculation of the NPCs (again). This made it better, but I'm sure I'll have to go over it again as it still doesn't feel right really. I then added something that I had been procrastinating to add for a long long time... a game over screen.


Then I added another much-awaited thing: textures for the player and the NPCs. Right now I just have the textures for the player (maybe it's temporary, 'cause who knows if I'll add character customization some decades later), and the ally gangsters.



It was then I began world-building, after some bug-fixes and code-cleaning. The first thing to make in the prototype city... (drumroll)
...is Bandit Mangal Singh's Outpost.
According to our game-design talk, Bandit Mangal Singh is one of the 3 'druglords' of Shamsher Khan Bahadur, the leader of the enemy gang Anaconda, a militaristic drug-trafficking group. Mangal Singh exercises control over one of Khan's 3 huge gang outposts, which is:


The outpost comprises of, in its current stage, two buildings, a lot of bad guys, 2 roadblocks, 2 snipers, and a mortar which lacks functionality. Here are some pics from the early stages of the development of this outpost:




The mortar is in development.

DIWANGSHU KAKOTY (3D Artist)

I made a turret for the armoured jeep and did a cool cash register for our shops (hopefully it can be looted).




Hey guys! To talk to and hold discussions with the guys of the A.T.A. development team, participate in external playtesting programs and stay updated with the ongoing development, join the new Moonwalk Entertainment Discord server at discord.gg/mEYbH6b now!
Also follow us in Twitter to see our progress daily, we're @MoonwalkEnt44.

That's it for the weeks guys; have fun until we come back with more next week!

Comments