A Thug's Ascension - Development Begins Soon

This is the official announcement of our upcoming open world action-adventure video game A Thug's Ascension (A.T.A.) by Moonwalk Entertainment. Development will begin on September 1, 2018.

It's gonna be a roller coaster ride for A Thug's Ascension, or A.T.A.. Like 5-6 days ago I created an unnamed Unity project called 'OpenWorldGame', and tried adding some asset store shit to it and set up an open-world-style environment. That worked out okay-ish, but now experiments and practice and all forms of warm-up are over; it's time now to actually start something.

I want to make an open world game I'd like to play, and I actually want to properly publish it. I don't need it to be hugely successful. I don't need it to to make me a millionaire. I just hope it gives my portfolio enough weight for securing a career in the field of video game development. Most importantly, I want the game to be good enough for me to like it, and I want it to make me a much, much better designer and programmer over the course of development.

The game will be made by me (lead developer) as the programmer, and my best friend Diwangshu 'D.K.' Kakoty as the 3D artist and lead Q.A. tester. We will start with a development budget of $800, which has been provided by my Dad and Moonwalk's business manager Utpal Chandra. I love you Dad. I have absolutely no idea at all about the development time, but I think it's gonna take 4 to 5 years to make something worth publishing, not counting our post-release support to the game. The game will most likely be published to Steam.

Subscribe to this blog via e-mail using the side panel, and after September 1, we'll start posting blog updates weekly on what's been happening. We wish ourselves luck.
Until then, take care.

Aditya Chandra
C.E.O., Moonwalk Entertainment

Comments