September 2018 Week #2

Heya guys!
First of all, sorry for missing posting the blogs on first week of this month (yeah, expect a blog every Monday), we were kinda too busy fixing some mean bugs.

ADITYA CHANDRA (Lead Developer)

The last two weeks (Sep 1 to Sep 10), I took care of all the... err... 'housekeeping chores' for the project, you know, preparations and all.
First of all, I checked our hardware and saw if it's all ready to begin development on. The keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, wireless devices, wi-fi router and all were all okay; there was something weird going on with the P.C., my H.P. Omen 870-260IN DCCT. (Microsoft Windows 10). During the P.C. hardware checkups, the diagnostics reported a 'WARNING!' message in the short D.S.T. check, which got me pretty worried. But then, when I reinstalled the latest ImageDiags and ran the long D.S.T. check two times, everything was just fine. I even asked the H.P. Technical Support team to look at our computer once just to be very sure, and they said that all was well!

The main work P.C. of Moonwalk Entertainment, an H.P. Omen 870-260IN D.C.C.T. desktop computer

Now, moving on to software side of things. I have checked the O.S., the gamedev tools and the critical programs for anything wrong, and ran a full antivirus scan... everything seems okay. Also, I've confirmed the BIOS and Diags side of things as well, and a cool antivirus program is also up and running. So, well, no need to worry.

I have successfully finished tweaking our proprietary post-processing system, Thanyok. 'Twas not easy, I encountered a great deal of nasty bugs, but I managed to fix most of them.

All of this stuff ended yesterday (except there are still a few minor bugs, I'm looking into them), and now we have begun work on animating our character!



DIWANGSHU KAKOTY (3D Artist)

I couldn't get anything much done because of my exams. Stupid exams. I did create some small models though. One was a cute male whitetail deer, but I won't showcase it just yet as it needs some more work to get rid of deformations.


That was pretty much it for today, guys. We'll be posting a blog every week on Monday, so be sure to read 'em all. Thank you very much!

Comments